Saturday, May 10, 2014

Wow...so it's May already!  Having not really been on a gaining track over the last few weeks, I'm still hanging in around 205 lbs.

Had a funny moment the other day at work.  There's a giant platform scale on the work floor that's literally large enough to weigh an elephant on.  As I was on my way to lunch, I noticed one of my female coworkers was standing on it and I remarked that she sure didn't look like she weighed as much as the 63 kilos the scale was saying (she's about five feet tall and just shy of 140 pounds).  Which was, in retrospect, a really stupid thing to say to a woman but on the other hand, don't stand on the giant public scale with the 6 inch high readout if you don't want your coworkers to know how much you weigh!

Anyway, to make her feel better, after she stepped down, I jumped on there and it came up 93 kilos (which is actually a little light considering I was wearing steel toes and carrying a full water bottle at the time!) and you would not believe the gasps and comments I got from bystanders.  Apparently our generously sized uniforms and safety vests have been disguising the fact that I've gotten so much bigger over the last few months.  Should be interesting to see how much more people start to notice come summertime when it gets brutally hot in there and we all start to shed some layers.

Hopefully, too, by then there will be more of me to notice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments moderation is ON. Please be patient as it may take some time for your comment to appear. I really appreciate any and all encouragement. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them!