Tuesday, July 8, 2014

8 July 2014

Yes, I know it's been a month since my last post...

I've been away for a good part of it for work related reasons I won't bore you with.  One of the upshots was that I was able to attend World Pride in Toronto and got to march in the parade.  This was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I really enjoyed it.  Well, most of it.  The 42 degree Celsius humidex...not so much.  Not to sound like a drama queen but I really felt closer to death by the end of the parade than I have in a long, long time. The whole thing took hours to do, I stupidly hadn't thought to pack enough water, and there weren't any options for getting more on the parade route. But I survived, had a blast overall, and met a number of really awesome people (none of them gainers as far as I know but more than a few bears).

I kept my calories up by eating a number of strange things (some of which I'm pretty sure now weren't gluten free though they were advertised as such) and although I have no gains to report, I didn't backslide either.

And...today I was the recipient of a large amount of high end (read: expensive) gluten free food from a neighbour whose kid works at a warehouse that carries this stuff.  They were getting rid of some stale dated inventory and I ended up with half a freezer full of some very, very nice stuff...so...yay!

And to Anonymous: I may just try this approach of dedicating one day a week to having extra and then just maintaining for the rest of the week.  I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments moderation is ON. Please be patient as it may take some time for your comment to appear. I really appreciate any and all encouragement. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them!