Monday, December 23, 2013

23 December 2013

No, I haven't dropped off the face of the earth...I've been working.  Every single day since December 1st in fact. With overtime.  Doing a very strenuous job that requires a ton of fast walking and lightning quick repetitive lifting/tossing in an environment that at this time of year, most closely resembles a meat freezer (and no, I'm not complaining - they pay me fabulously for doing it)

In spite of the fact that I've been eating somewhere between 3500 and 4000 calories per day, I've managed to lose six pounds.  This month alone.   It's odd, because although I've lost a fair bit of body fat, I've still kept my belly...less fat there, but definitely a lot more abdominal muscle bulk underneath.  Now if I can just keep that muscle into the new year and regain the fat I've lost...should be quite impressive.

Anyway, this meat grinder of a schedule should come to an end in the next week or two.  I'm looking forward having some time off.  No plans for Christmas other than sleep. And having a chance to catch up on my gaining.  Because, seriously, if I was eating THIS much in an office job, I'd already be huge.  But I'm not quitting, because in spite of the super healthy amounts of exercise I'm getting (well, super healthy until, in my sleep deprived state, I wander into a forklift lane and the driver doesn't manage to swerve in time...) I like this place.  And the money I've made during this busy time will certainly pay for a LOT of extra snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments moderation is ON. Please be patient as it may take some time for your comment to appear. I really appreciate any and all encouragement. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them!