Monday, September 10, 2012

10 September 2012

Today is the official start of the new diet!

I just had a (somewhat disgusting) smoothie that involved coconut milk and powdered fenugreek seed.  I sincerely need to tweak that recipe.  Or else get some empty capsules and fill them with fenugreek and just swallow them. I've decided I'm not a big fan of the taste of it. 

On the plus side, I just nailed over a thousand calories in one shot and so far not feeling too bad considering the huge amount of fat I've just eaten.  Is the fenugreek helping?  Or is it all in my mind?

I've been crunching the numbers and have decided it's all in the details.  There's a gigantic difference (no pun intended) between eating 3500 calories vs. 4000 calories per day.  That extra 500 calories (one large chocolate bar, for example) makes the difference between being 213 pounds by Christmas...or being 229 pounds. 

If I could get my caloric intake up to 5000 calories per day (and keep it up every single day) I'd actually be 261 pounds by New Year's Eve.  While a 70 pound gain in less than three months would be mindblowingly awesome...I also think it would be extraordinarily hard on my body.

I think I'm going to aim for about the middle of the road at 3850.  I estimate it's about 1000 calories more per day than I strictly need.   That's going to equate to about 2 pounds per week.  Not glamorous but certainly do-able. 

I just need to be able to keep up the pace because that's the only way I'm going to get results!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments moderation is ON. Please be patient as it may take some time for your comment to appear. I really appreciate any and all encouragement. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them!