Thursday, April 19, 2018

19 April 2018

Well, I'm down about three pounds as of today.  I suspect it's muscle mass because I've been extremely un-active the past month or so.  It seems like winter is dragging on forever. 

The good news is, despite the drop in the numbers on the scale, my belly's bigger than ever.  This makes me happy.

I was out walking today near the river and went down a long flight of stairs from the top of the bluff to the river's edge.  Going back up was a real chore - I was reminded of just how out of shape I've let myself get.  I had to stop a couple of times to catch my breath on the way back up which is scary because I'm getting fat...but I'm not *that* fat yet.

By the time I got to the top I realized I've been unconsciously sucking in my gut and this is preventing me from breathing properly.  Once I focused on relaxing my abdominal muscles and taking in deep breaths, it was amazing how much further my stomach stuck out.   The skin on my stomach and love handles stretched out tight and itched like crazy.  It's hard to tell with all the hair I have growing there but it appears as though I've gained some stretch marks today.   It certainly feels like I have.  I knew it was just a matter of time.

I'm okay with it because I know stretch marks are the price to be paid for getting bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments moderation is ON. Please be patient as it may take some time for your comment to appear. I really appreciate any and all encouragement. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them!