Tuesday, February 3, 2009

3 February 2009

Wow...where is the time going...it's February already!

I'm still stuck on my plateau. I've been eating lots, though not as much as I was in November. I'm excercising a lot too, which is probably working against me. I find if I don't exercise enough I feel really awful and this time of year I need to do everything I can to fight off the depression that comes from it being fully dark by 5 pm every night.

So I'm going to try an experiment that sounds quite promising.

There is an herb from Native lore that can be used for weight loss for a short time. It apparently kills the appetite, you don't want to eat, and you drop some pounds as a result.

I know, you're thinking "weight loss, what the heck is this guy talking about?"

Well, here's the thing. It's documented that after two or three weeks of ingesting this stuff on a daily basis there's a dramatic reversal, you get a ravenous appetite and not only do you regain everything you lost up to that point, but you gain a bunch more weight on top of that.

I couldn't find any research to say how much more but they do say it's enough that anyone using this herb to diet excessively is in for a big surprise.

There's also research that suggests that this herb actually changes the body's metabolism and encourages it to store more of what is eaten as fat.

Anyway, I'm not divulging what this herb is for a couple of reasons. The first is because it's not a controlled substance and is known for other health benefits in the holistic healing world, cannot be cultivated well as a crop (is only found in a few wilderness habitats) and as a result is in danger of being over harvested.

The second is this: I'm reasonably comfortable with the risks involved but I sure as heck don't want someone who reads this to try it, have a bad reaction or something and be injured as a result of something I've written.

Anyway, I'll keep you all posted as to how this turns out.

For starters, tonight I managed to secure about three ounces of the dried plant. I'm going to attempt to make a tincture from it with alcohol (Everclear was all I could find that would fit the bill). So we'll see what happens...

2 comments:

  1. I wish you the best of luck with your plan, and hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck getting over your plateau. We're all rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments moderation is ON. Please be patient as it may take some time for your comment to appear. I really appreciate any and all encouragement. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them!