Tuesday, December 11, 2012

11 December 2012

So I drove to a virtually inaccessible part of town to a specialty food shop and acquired a gi-normous bag of Callebaut "callets".  Really, they're just fancy chocolate chips...but there's a LOT of them.  I buy our pet food in smaller bags than this stuff comes in.  I got 10 kilograms (22 lbs).  It makes sense because I'm already eating chocolate everyday...it's just the lower quality stuff from the grocery store.  In bulk, the good stuff ends up costing the same.  And now I have a few month's supply.  Or less, I guess, depending on how many I manage to eat.  I'm going to keep a bowl of them beside the computer and just munch on them whenever I can.  Effortless calories that will translate into faster gaining.  Gotta love it.

Just ran the data on them: 230 calories for every 40 grams.   For you Americans...40 grams really isn't that much...not even a small handful really.  I just tossed back a whole bowl of them in about two minutes - I don't know what the actual weight was but I'm pretty sure it was a lot more than 40 grams worth! 

The entire bag, if consumed as the part of the calories that are above and beyond my maintenance level, will result in over 16 pounds of extra body mass. 

And speaking of getting fatter...as of today I'm weighing in at 195 pounds again.  I haven't been keeping track of the numbers very well this month but as far as I can tell, I've managed to gain about 10 pounds back in the last 4 -6 weeks. 

I've definitely rounded out more and I can feel everything, especially in my belly area, stretching and filling out again.  I've had to move up a belt notch already and still my gut is "muffin topping" over it. 

I'm on a roll and I sincerely hope I'll be able to keep up this rate of expansion for a few months at least.  I really want to break that 200 pound barrier again and start moving up (finally!) into the substantially larger numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments moderation is ON. Please be patient as it may take some time for your comment to appear. I really appreciate any and all encouragement. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them!