Monday, December 3, 2012

3 December 2012

Here's how things have been going:

I had four days off over the Remembrance Day weekend and I devoted them almost entirely to eating.  I managed to get a few 4000 calorie days in, however, once I got back to working full time hours the opportunities to eat were somewhat lessened and since then have been on either a maintenance/slow gain diet.

And I *have* gained weight...well, fat at least.  For the week after the four day eating extravaganza, the scale numbers actually went *down* in spite of the fact that my belly definitely got bigger.  I chalk it up to the fact that while sitting for four days in front of the computer and television doing nothing but eating did wonders for my ability to get fatter, it didn't do so much for my overall health or muscle tone.

The last couple of weeks my objective (scale) weight has gone up seven pounds and I've managed to hang on to all the fat I gained and didn't just turn it back into calf muscle (so much of this job depends on pushing heavy items over long distances.  If I ever get fired, I'll be able to absolutely kick it in shopping cart races).

I'm looking at ways to vary my diet.  I know the last time I was able to gain a substantial amount of weight it was partly because I had free access to literally pounds and pounds of high quality chocolate.  Sadly, the chocolate is gone and if I want to get more, I'm going to have to pay for it this time (the last time was a hugely generous gift).  Although I think it's tacky for people to put up "pay to watch me gain" websites, I *am* starting to understand the practicality of it.  Gaining requires eating a substantially lot more food than I do regularly.  Gaining on the gluten free diet severely restricts my access to cheap, easy carbohydrates (virtually every fast food chain is off limits to me) and there's a great deal of planning that has to take place if I'm not going to break our bank account.  Also, right now my paycheque is supporting not just me, but another person and two animals.  I'm not complaining about money (or lack of it) but I admit I'm kind of stumped as to how to vary my diet and how to provide myself convenient access to reasonably priced food that won't make me sick.

Anyway, if anyone's got any helpful suggestions, I'd love to hear them...

And now I'm off to eat a pot of white rice with ground up flax and coconut milk...   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments moderation is ON. Please be patient as it may take some time for your comment to appear. I really appreciate any and all encouragement. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them!