Monday, November 14, 2011

14 November 2011

Wow...what an interesing weekend! Ha. Just kidding. All I did was clean house, sleep, and eat. It was nice to get away from the workplace tedium of "pick up the box, put it in a bigger box, pick up the box, put it in a bigger box"...repeat 8,500 times until it's time to go home. That being said, I shouldn't complain. It's a five hour daily workout that I am paid handsomely for doing.

I kinda hit a wall yesterday though. Either I'm coming down with this creeping crud of a flu that's going around or else I haven't been drinking enough water. All day long whenever I tried to eat my (supersized portions) meals, I felt full even before I started. It's like my entire digestive system just decided to go on strike for awhile.

This happens occasionally to me even when I'm not gaining (my digestive system is fickle, at best) and usually in conjuction with exposure to gluten containing products. I'm not sure what "got" me this time but I guess I'm going to have to go over my kitchen with a microscope and see what I missed (last time it was the bargain coffee filters that used wheat starch as a stiffening agent - a gluten source that is totally undeclared on the label. Not sure how this is even legal in Canada in light of the new stricter labelling laws. I had to do some serious digging on the 'net even to figure this out. Bah.)

Anyway, in spite of this, I managed to take in my bare minimum, caloriewise. I also drank a ton of water and am feeling better, though still a little bit fragile. I suspect I'm going to be taking it easier today. I don't want to get into work tonight and have to spend the entire shift hucking around boxes on an upset stomach.

And the results of this weekend's excesses aren't encouraging: this morning I weighed in at a mere 184.5 lbs. I know, it's the big picture that matters...but holy cow. It just feels like I'm defying the laws of conservation of mass/energy. Though that being said, I AM actually growing. I can both see and feel the results.

Oh, and there was other excitement this weekend: at first I thought I'd pulled muscle in my back, just between my left shoulderblade and my spine. Then I did some research online and discovered gall bladder pain can sometimes refer up to between the shoulderblades. I guess I'm a bit of a hypochondriac because I spent a couple of days worrying that the high fat in my gainer diet was wreaking havoc with my gall bladder/liver. Turns out I was completely wrong. This last week or so I've been spending a lot more time on the computer. I'm sitting in a hard, low-backed diningroom chair. Every time I lean back to stretch out (being hunched over at a keyboard with a full belly is NOT comfortable), I grind that exact spot on my back against the top edge of the chair. So what I thought was gall bladder pain was simply a bruise. Padding installed on chair = problem solved.

Yes, I know. I need to get out more if I consider this to be newsworthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments moderation is ON. Please be patient as it may take some time for your comment to appear. I really appreciate any and all encouragement. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them!