Sunday, November 6, 2011

6 November (3rd post)

So in all the excitement of discovering my "fame" I forgot to update my progress.

The spreadsheet appears to be working well, in fact there are benefits I'm only just beginning to discover: such as the fact that the longer my weight stubbornly stays at 184, the more the spreadsheet's caloric demands go up to compensate as the days tick down to my deadline.

I also added a third sheet to it that predicts what my weight should be at for each day of this gain. I swear this is the most organized I've ever been at this. I just hope it pays off.

Yesterday I managed to consume 1832 more calories than my basic metabolic rate required. It was also 818 more calories than I'd intended to consume. Essentially this should translate to a half pound more of me. Combined with yesterday's efforts, this means I really should be up a pound by the end of tomorrow.

I know it isn't an exact response between what I eat and what I gain. My experience has taught me that the first few days of serious gaining, not much happens. Then it's like a certain threshold is crossed and I wake up one day and I'm noticeably fatter.

After that, if I can keep up the motivation and be consistent with my consumption (especially if I can keep eating more than the base recommendation of the spreadsheet), the gains will be steadily upward after that. At least, that was my experience last year when I made the best progress of my life and went from the weight I am now, to 202 in about eight weeks.

My first short term goal is 190 lbs by November 24th. It's also when I plan to take my next progress photograph (even though this blog already has pictures of me at that weight from the last time I gained). November 24th is a conservative estimate and it will be awesome if I'm able to gain to 190 sooner than that.

That being said, I think the real fun is going to start after I pass 200 again. That's when I recall that I truly started to finally feel fat. It was also when my belly started to get some serious attention because it was becoming big enough that there was no sucking it in anymore. Man I miss that. I'm really looking forward to being that round again...actually by the end of this I'll be quite a bit rounder, in fact.

I'm going to go eat something now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments moderation is ON. Please be patient as it may take some time for your comment to appear. I really appreciate any and all encouragement. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them!